Sad fact: Soda is cool for your sanity, soda is awful for your health.
I remember that if my mother didn’t get her diet coke she would turn into what we humbly called “The Beast”. A mother-sized child-killing hobostank. She would push over small children and cats for the fun of it. She was a troll. We all know this is due to the caffeine.
Now, sodapop makes people gain weigh, even the diet ones. I work at fast food, and despite not eating the food, I do get thirsty a lot. So, I drink soda. I have gained more weight from drinking soda, and it makes me feel sleepy and worn. I get jittery, and the trick is that soda isn’t hydrating at all. It makes your mouth wet. Go you.
If you want to find another drink, try water with fruit.
“Juice!!!!!!! WHAT IS SO BAD ABOUT FRICKIN’ JUICE?” screams the crowd.
Juice has tons of sugar causing cavities, diarrhea , and very few of the other beneficial sides of fruit: the undigestables such as cellulose and fiber that help with bowel movements and keep one feeling full. Juice also has shown to quite increase some of the more irritating sides of the fruits.
- Cranberry juice has been shown to have high amounts of oxalate which is connected to kidney stones
- Darker grape juices lower the iron levels in blood making one more fatigue prone
- Orange juice has high acid levels and can cause upset stomach.
Water with fruit provides fruity chunks, so you have munchy bits; a surprise with your water, and the health benefits without extra sugars.
Or if you just aren’t interested in boring ol’ aqua. Which does all this amazing stuff:
Go here for some more recipes, and make sure to devise your own.
- Recovery – This vitamin water is ideal for recovery post-workout or after a large bout of physical activity. Blackberries and Cherries aid in replenishing oxygen in the blood while pomegranate and glutamine help to restore and repair muscle tissue damage
- C*Power – This vitamin water gives you a boost of anti-viral and anti-inflammatory vitamin C. With natural citrus fruits and camu camu powder, c*power is ideal for boosting your immunity after an illness or just keeping your body empowered. This is an excellent combination for weight loss
- Stressless – This is my favourite combination, the blend of watermelon and rosemary is divine. This vitamin water is ideal for helping you balance stress on a mental and physiological level. With the addition of B vitamins, hydrating watermelon and calming rosemary this combination is best used during times of stress or intensity
- Digest It – Excellent for aiding in digestion and stimulating the colon and digestive tract. With the combination of pineapple’s digestive enzymes, soothing, cooling mint and warming ginger, stimulating lemongrass, immunizing lychee and probiotics this water will aid in internal balance
- Detox – Purify your blood and body with this awesome vitamin water! Detox is ideal for the morning after a night out or when you are cleansing. Created with hydrating coconut water, and fresh cucumber, nutrient rich coconut meat, detoxifying milk thistle and anti-oxidant loaded raspberries and blueberries, this combination will cleanse your body from the inside out
It is a fun, delicious way to get fruit, vitamins, and hydrate.
The key is to let the fruit soak for a few hours.
And if anything, when devising your own, keep it SIMPLE.
It is a slight water, not an explosion of taste. It isn’t supposed to be Krakotoa in your mouth.
Our biology wants sugar, fat, and salt because that means natural nutrients that we need. With all the processed food we are getting most of the goods, but none of the accompanying organic, and inorganic materials. These are not required in such huge quantities as we did when we had a less sedentary life-style; we either must modify how we eat, bake and cook, or exercise.